Recently the Lord put it on my heart to sit down and write out the role of Biblical prophetic ministry in 25 bullet point statements. This task was a big thing to get my arms around but I enjoyed the study and I believe it will really bless you. To see the massive role meant to be played by the prophetic in the Church and the complete void of that ministry in a general sense gives me reason to pray! I pray the Lord would once again raise up powerful prophetic voices in this hour to herald the testimony of Jesus and rally the church to fresh holiness. For those of you who are prophetic, this will greatly empower you to the mission that we have been called to. For those of you that don’t really consider yourself “prophetic” this list will help you to understand better where prophetic people are coming from when they operate in this precious gift.
1. To testify of Jesus Christ- Rev. 19:10, 1 Cor. 12:3, 1 John 4:2 Everything in the prophetic MUST lift up the name of Jesus! Anything that distracts, hinders, or denies the glorious name of Jesus is false prophecy and the spirit of the anti-Christ.
2. To reveal the suffering of the Crucified Savior- Isaiah 53, Jn. 12:37-41, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Gal. 6:17, Col. 1:24 Revelation of the glorious Cross will always be a marker of the prophetic. The suffering of Christ is paramount to the way of the prophetic.
3. To weep for those who are lost & backslidden- Jer. 9:1-2, Lk. 19:41-44 The prophetic will always grieve over the lost sheep of Israel (the church). God’s mandate on the prophet is primarily to the Church and its restoration to holiness and passion for Jesus.
4. To continually exalt God’s glory- Isa. 6, 11:9, Ezek. 1-3, Psalm 72:19, Hab. 2:14 The end game of all we are and accomplish is His glory. The prophetic will always point our attention to His ultimate glory.
5. To be a voice to God’s rebuttal- Isa. 37:21-35, Exo. 7, 1 Sam. 12:18-19 When Pharaoh or Sennacherib rose up in pride against the Lord the prophetic was there to voice God’s thunderous response.
6. To speak Biblical truth in midst of deception- Micaiah in 1 Kings 22, Jeremiah 28 stands against Hananiah. There is a real anointing on the prophetic to bring clear truth in the midst of many voices. In the end, the fruit of the true prophetic will shine forth.
7. To direct the king in crisis- Elisha 2 Kings 6 Even as Elisha directed the king of Israel in matters of military intelligence so the prophetic will give supernatural insight to civil and governmental issues.
8. To confront the king of wrong- 1 Kings 17-18, 2 Sam. 12 Elijah confronted Ahab and Nathan confronted David over his affair with Bathsheba. The prophetic refuses to stay silent with either public or private sin, even at the risk of death!
9. To receive patterns of architecture- Exo. 25-31, 1 Chron. 28:11, Ezek. 40-44 Many times the Lord will reveal actual plans for building through the prophetic down to every minute detail.
10. To test the hearts of man- Jeremiah 6:27, Psalm 26:2; 139:23 The prophetic always cuts right through the confusion and deception of the mind and gets to the bottom of where the heart stands before God.
Stay tuned for the final 15. Coming soon!