Having Done All STAND!!!

It is amazing to me as you grow in the Lord how much the Word of God comes alive and relates more and more to your individual life. The working of the precious Spirit has a way of developing in us the ability to look at certain verses and say, Boy, that is me to the T! One such verse was penned by the apostle Paul in Eph. 6:13… having done all, STAND!
I have been meditating on this verse and I believe it best describes where Amy and I are in this battle for our health. We have done everything we know to do and yet God is faithful. We have read our Bibles, memorized Scriptures, prayed in the Spirit, sang songs of victory, and any other imaginable thing that comes to your mind and heart in a time of battle. Yet in the end it is not about what we can do but about what He did on the Cross 2000 years ago. I believe the apostle was saying to us that we should do what we know, but in the end, it all comes down to Jesus doing the impossible for us at Calvary. We must stand in this finished work of His and not waver to the left or right. If we will truly do this, in the end, God will perform that which He promised in His Holy Word.
1 Pet. 2:24b- You have been healed by His wounds!

7 Responses to “Having Done All STAND!!!”

1. Christopher & tara McCabe says:

That’s a good word. Something we all need to hear when the enemy is telling us to give up…NEVER!! Praise the Lord!!!

2. Pastor Joel, this is powerful. Thank you. What profound theology for anyone wondering “what else can I do?” in the midst of their trial. Truly, “It is finishED.” We can rely upon that at the end of the day.

3. Carlos Nicasio says:

Press………. the best is yet to come. We are praying for you in California, San Diego! Jesus has healed you both!

4. Ms. Charlotte says:

“Having done all, STAND!” reminds me of the word you gave to me from the Lord, during a meeting on 4/14/05. I read it all the time and even more now. The word is, ‘You’ve been like an eagle laying on the Rock. You’ve done the possible, now I’m going to do the impossible!” It is soooo strengthening to me… I read this (and keep it in my Bible) about the “molting stage” of an eagle and the point of an overcoming Christian where it looks as if we’ve been stripped down to nothing. Many Christians die at this point. They give up and “throw in the towel” and just quit. But if you will just keep moving into your destiny at this point, you will find that there is something waiting for you. If you can find the “Rock of Ages” and lay on it and bathe in the “Son”…you too can be renewed like an eagle. After this waiting period that lasts for quite a while as his feathers, beak and talons grow back, the eagle will soar again with greater strength than ever before! I’m standing on His Word with you and Amy! “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength!” Isaiah 40:31
    Love you both! Ms. Charlotte

5. stacey says:

Isaiah 7:4-7 Be careful, keep calm, and dont be afraid. Do not lose heart because of these two smoldering stubs of firewood- because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and of the son of Remaliah. Aram, Ephraim and Remaliah’s son have plotted your ruin, saying, let us invade Judah; let us tear it apart and divide it among ourselves, and make the son of T abeel King over it. Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says: IT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. verse 9, If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.

6. Jennifer Johnson says:

Pastor Joel – May the Lord our God continue to Bless you and strengthen you and your beautiful wife, Amy. When we Stand on His word, He Stands with us – never to leave us or forsake us. You are an inspiration to thousands. May your light continue to burn fervently, as your health is restored in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. I’m praying for you and the Stockstill family in The Woodlands, Texas.

7. lashonna says:

Wow! THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!!!